Back pain is common complaint for people
Everyone is periodically faced with sudden symptoms of pain in the back, and some feel them constantly. Similar problems arise on the background of certain diseases or presence of certain physiological processes in the body. Usually, people say about back pain, when there is pain in the lumbar region. Sometimes the problem is formulated as a complaint the "back ache". According to recent research every five people once in their life have experienced such pain. Another typical localization of back pain is under the right or left shoulder blade or between the shoulder blades. With age, this is more common among the elderly. It can have a different character: be sharp, stabbing, burning, aching, pulling. Pain may be random or constant.
What are the symptoms?
The most common disease that causes pains is lower back pain. If it occurs at an inclination while turning to the side, coupled with weight lifting, and then during the day there is pain and weakness in one leg, and pain is increased by movement, coughing, sneezing or straining - this can be signs of intervertebral hernia. Manifestation of acute sciatica is a sudden sharp pain in the lumbar spine. Long-term pain in the neck, shoulders, turning the head can be the initial manifestation of chronic back pain diseases, at which there is overgrowth and vertebral deformity - cervical spondylosis. Reducing the mobility of the chest and pain when breathing deeply is manifested in chronic inflammation of the joints of the spine (ankylosing spondylitis). Often the possible cause of back pain is trauma - injury of the back muscles, sprains. With the right tactics the pain eventually goes unnoticed. However, there are possible complications, up to severe curvature of the spine.
What is necessary to know about back pain causes?
Pain arising may suddenly appear in the following cases:
- sleeping on overly soft or, on the contrary, hard surface;
- the awkward position of the body while sitting or sleeping;
- heavy physical work;
- eating before bedtime;
- through injury;
- during pregnancy;
- the constant the same body position, for example, after prolonged use in the same position at your desk.
So, if you feel pain for the first time, try to analyze the current day and observe the state of the waist at a later time. If the pain has disappeared and more than you do not worry, you should not worry. But again, it must be detected immediately and you have to go to the hospital. In some cases, the pain occurs on the background of developing the disease, so it is very important to visit a specialist. Thus, the pathology of provoking pain in the back:
- problems with spine;
- cancer tumors;
- nervous system disorders;
- neurological diseases (osteochondrosis, spondylarthrosis, spondylosis, herniated disc);
- curvature of the spine (scoliosis);
- endocrine diseases such as osteoporosis;
- respiratory disease (e.g., pleural effusion);
- kidney disease: glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, urolithiasis;
- neoplastic diseases;
- many other diseases of the internal organs, blood vessels and soft tissue.
Main directions of back pain treatment
There are 3 basic methods that are used for the therapy for pain back relief:
- non-pharmacological treatment includes the creation and maintenance of the special conditions for the patient's back (gentle motor mode, special orthopedic mattresses and accessories to support the spine, physiotherapy and various physical back pain exercises);
- drug therapy necessarily involves acceptance of back pain relief products. The analgesic for pain in the back can be represented as an analgesic, NSAID, or means, relieves muscle spasms (muscle relaxant);
- it is mandatory to be appointed B vitamins and preparations for external use.
What tablets are taking for back pain?
There are different categories and types of back pain reliever medicines. Selection of a particular agent usually depends on the intensity, duration and localization of pain. The main thing in the using of these means - to remember that their effect can be temporary, they may cause unwanted effects. That is why the back pain remedies should be appointed by a doctor:
- Anti-inflammatory pills
Most people use for back pain anti-inflammatory agents called NSAID (Naproxen, Aleve, Celebrex, Motrin, Aceclofenac, Mobic, Pentagesic, Diclofenac, Toradol, Naprosyn, Relafen, Indocin, Voltaren and many others), available to all patients. Such tablets should not be taken without a doctor's prescription for more than three days, even with a certain diagnosis. If pain does not disappear, then you have a chronic disease form or are having complications, and medical treatment must be carried out strictly under the supervision of a physician.
- Muscle relaxants
In cases if pain medications do not bring the expected result, muscle relaxant (Soma, Zanaflex, Skelaxin, Tizanidine, Flexeril, Lioresal, Robaxin, Carisoprodol, Hydrocodone, etc.) is assigned. These products clean muscle spasm, which causes pain in the back.
- Synthetic analgesics
There is a category of people whom the above medicaments do not bring lower back pain relief. This is especially for people who have just had surgery. They are prescribed analgesics (Tylenol, Tramadol, Ultram, Ultracet, Zupar, Percocet and so on). Pills have an effect on nerve cells and human brain, decreasing their sensitivity, thereby removing pain.
They relieve pain. These tablets are the most effective anti-inflammatory agents. The course of treatment is prescribed in cases where NSAIDs and also muscle relaxants do not help get rid of back pain. This can be a great way to avoid chronic form of inflammation.
Back pain can be invoked by certain malfunction of the nervous system of the body. In this case, the state falls back into dependence on psychosomatic factors. To relieve sciatic nerve pain or low back pain caused by stress, you can resort to the help with the following medications:
- In chronic pain the more powerful antidepressants (Desyrel, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Wellbutrin SR, Celexa, Asendin, Luvox, many others) are appointed. They significantly improve the condition of the patient. After receiving treatment pinched nerves should be treated.
- Vitamins and ayurvedic (Neurobion Forte, Supradyn, Ashwagandha, Amalaki, Cipcal, Riconia, Vitamin E, so on).