Why are two types of diabetes?
This need is mandatory, as it is fully determines the treatment of the patient, which in the initial stages of the illness is completely different.
Type 1 diabetes
It is insulin-dependent diabetes. Most often, this kind of diabetes affects people young, under the age of 40 years old, thin. The illness with type 1 diabetes symptoms is hard enough to require insulin therapy. The reason is the body produces antibodies that destroy the pancreatic cells that produce insulin. For the first type of diabetes cure is practically impossible, although there are cases of pancreatic functions recovery, but this is possible only in special circumstances. As insulin is destroyed in gastrointestinal tract, its reception is not possible in the form of tablets. Inject insulin with meals. How to control diabetes? It is very important for you to follow a strict diabetes diet, excluded completely easily digestible carbohydrates as sweets, sugar, fruit juices, sugary soft drinks).
Type 2 diabetes
This type is non-insulin-dependent. The elderly, humans after 40 years, obese people suffer type 2 diabetes symptoms. Reason is the sensitivity of cells to insulin loss due to excess nutrients therein. The using of insulin is necessary not for each person. Only a qualified professional should prescribe therapy and dose. First of all such patients are assigned diet (diabetic food). It is important to fully follow the doctor’s recommendations. It is recommended to decrease the weight slowly (2-3 kg per month) in order to achieve a healthy weight, which should be maintained throughout life. In cases where the diet is not sufficient, type 2 diabetes treatment with hypoglycemic tablets (Amaryl, Galvus, Glucophage, Glucotrol XL, Janumet, Januvia and so on), and only in very extreme case insulin is administered.
Symptoms of diabetes
Clinical signs of the disease in most cases are characterized by the gradual flow. With the appearance of the disease patients feel:
- constant dryness of mouth;
- increased urine output;
- the feeling of thirst with inability to satisfy it;
- drastic reduction or weight gain and fat;
- increased tendency to pustular processes in skin and soft tissues;
- strong itching of skin and its dryness;
- poor healing of any wounds;
- muscle weakness and also excessive sweating.
Usually listed complaints are early signs of diabetes. Their appearance must be a mandatory reason for immediate glucose test. The main manifestations include:
- impaired vision;
- cardiac pain, or liver enlargement if not noted until diabetes;
- headache and also neurological abnormalities;
- pain and numbness in the lower limbs with impaired function of distance;
- the appearance of wounds which do not heal for a long time;
- reduced skin sensitivity, especially the feet;
- the progressive increase in blood pressure;
- odor of acetone on the patient;
- swelling of the face and lower legs;
Appearance of characteristic signs of diabetes or its complications is a sign which indicates the disease progression or insufficient medical correction.
Causes of diabetes
The most significant causes of disease are:
- A number of diseases that contribute to the defeat of beta cells responsible for insulin production. Such diseases include illnesses of the pancreas - pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, diseases of other endocrine glands.
- Obesity. Actively fight obesity.
- Nervous stress, depression. People who are at risk should avoid nervous and emotional stress.
- Viral infections (measles, varicella, infectious hepatitis and other illnesses, this includes influenza). These infections are starting to develop diabetes, especially for people who are at risk.
- Age. With age, every ten years the risk of its developing is doubled.
Is it possible to cure diabetes mellitus?
Today doctors are considered the possibility of a complete diabetes treatment in different ways. The only exception is forms of diabetes management of second type, which are well beyond the control under the influence of diabetic meal plan diet therapy. In this case, normalizing modes of nutrition and also physical activity, you can get rid of symptoms of high blood sugar. Permanent medication may not allow or slow the progression of diabetic complications. After all, they are dangerous to people. It is therefore imperative to engage in regular blood sugar monitor, monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions. Selection of antidiabetic drugs (Actos, Avandaryl, Exermet GM, Insulin Glargine, Glyburide, Miglitol, Precose, Triexer, Starlix, Prandin, Nuzide and others), ayurvedic medicines (Karela, Meshashringi, Diabecon, DBC-24, Aloe Vera Amrut, so on), phytotea (Aquetic) is currently quite large. The therapy is adjusted depending on the severity of disease and presence of complications. Typically, a physician will recommend you regular check-ups as blood sugar test and monitoring of laboratory parameters in blood sugar chart. Not a small role is played by self-monitoring techniques. Before using prescription preparations, be sure to check with your doctor how often you need diabetes test, to measure blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes is generally accompanied by hypertension, lipid metabolism disorders, edema, trophic ulcers, diabetic coma, feet pain and other complications, which also require correction and medical attention.