Erectile dysfunction in men
Erectile dysfunction (ED) or as called also impotence is inability to maintain and achieve an erection sufficient for the sexual intercourse. Of all the sexual problems, erectile dysfunction has a leading position. It occurs more often, as men age is all younger. Doctors believe that over 50% of all men between 40 and 70 years suffer from erectile dysfunction, moreover, more and more patients are 20 years of the so-called "syndrome of the first meeting."
Erectile dysfunction types
Depending on the causes of ed there are following types of sexual dysfunction:
- Psychogenic. It occurs due to psychological problems: long-term stress, neurosis, depression, strained relations with sexual partners, non-compliance of qualitative and quantitative composition of the sexual life of men's needs. In cases where the impotence is caused by psychological problems, the patient retained spontaneous erections and masturbation, but weakened sharply adequate, libido disorders may occur.
- Organic. This type of erectile dysfunction is caused by disease or other effects on the body of negative factors (environment, bad habits).
- Mixed. This impotence is caused by a set of reasons organic and psychogenic erectile dysfunction, such as a chronic disease in combination with psychological problems. Symptomatology of mixed erectile dysfunction combines both types of factors.
- Medication. This kind is isolated in a separate group. The disease is associated with taking antihypertensive, antipsychotics, antidepressants, anti-androgens, antihistamines, preparations. For drug impotence spontaneous and adequate erections, decreased libido suffers.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
According to recent reports, among the main causes of impotence release:
- organic lesions of the nervous system;
- diseases of the genitals (prostatitis, urethritis);
- endocrine disorders (due to the immediate destruction of the testes, pituitary, adrenal, thyroid, senile erectile dysfunction);
- the lesions of the penis (malformations, trauma, chronic cavities, priapism);
- diseases of the internal organs (hypertension, diabetes, angina, kidney failure);
- vascular lesions;
- drugs (e.g., antihypertensives, beta blockers, antidepressants);
- alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking;
- psychological factors (stress, depression, fatigue).
Other reasons may also be isolated penis injuries and problems with blood vessels (sclerosis). A rare cause can be definite anatomical changes (Peyronie's disease, improper location of the urethral opening). Among the reasons for impotence special position occupied penis injuries. They may be the result of an accident, injury, (knife, firearms), burn. Whatever the source of damage, men need the help of a doctor.
Manifestations of erectile dysfunction
- The lack of erections during sexual stimulation;
- Less deformation of the penis during erection, making it impossible to sexual intercourse;
- There are neurotic disorders (anxiety, fear), signs of endocrine disorders.
- Many patients are unable to detect significant changes in the nervous, urogenital and endocrine systems, as well as internal organs.
Cure of erectile dysfunction
Ed treatment depends on the reasons for which it has arisen. In the case of endocrine disorders people are prescribed gels or hormone pills. Psychological reasons require a special approach: relaxation, rest, creating atmosphere of trust between the partners, or even a conversation with the doctor (psychologist, sexologist). For medication causes a doctor chooses medicines that do not affect potency. Elimination of neurological reasons is to cure the underlying illness that caused the problems with potency. Anatomical penis changes, negatively affecting erection, are removed surgically. Drug treatment includes received ed pills (Viagra, Cialis, Viagra Soft, Levitra, Kamagra, Viagra Oral Jelly, Viagra Professional, Viagra Super Active, Cialis Oral Jelly, Cialis Soft, Levitra Professional, Kamagra Oral Jelly, Cialis Super Active and so on) that stimulate blood flow in the penile vessels, which solves the problem of erectile dysfunction. The greatest popularity has won Viagra; its active ingredient is Sildenafil Citrate. Preparations should not be used alone. The instructions contain a long list of side effects that are likely to occur at a constant reception. Adequate range of doses, frequency of use for ed cures help to reduce the risk. Therefore, consultation with a physician is required. Vitamins, Ayurveda drugs that increase overall body tone (Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Gokshura, Kapikachhu and others) indirectly improve blood flow. For erectile dysfunction exercises show good results, providing a stimulating effect on potency. It is possible that as a result men can be appointed intracavernous injection, the selection of stimulants or prosthetic penis.
Prevention of impotence
There are a set of preventive measures that reduce the possibility of ed occurrence. They already are relevant for the 30-40-year old men:
- Balanced diet. The diet must contain enough protein suppliers - eggs, meat, useful various dairy products, herbs, fruits and vegetables. Be sure to eat nuts, honey, give up the heavy fatty foods.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Addiction to drugs, alcohol and cigarettes can be a source of erectile dysfunction.
- Maintain a regular sex life without long-term abstinence and sexual excesses.
- Visits to the urologist. This measure promotes the early detection of the reproductive system illnesses (e.g., prostatitis), their successful treatment.
- Prevention of diseases that can lead to impotence. Endocrine disorders, problems with blood vessels, heart and other "sources", discussed above.
- The correct way of life. This concept includes 8 hours of sleep, moderate exercise, avoiding stress, and stress. Prevention does not require serious limitations, but taken measures will significantly reduce the threat of erectile dysfunction at any age.