Why normal blood pressure is raised in people?
There are two types of hypertension:
1. Essential hypertension - occurs by itself, for various reasons: genetic predisposition, poor nutrition, lifestyle, bad habits, etc.
2. Symptomatic hypertension is a symptom of many diseases as atherosclerosis, kidney disease, nervous system, depression etc. As with the essential and with symptomatic arterial hypertension patients use herbs for high blood pressure, medicaments, prescribed how to lower blood pressure. However, other treatments are very different. Therefore, the treating physician should ascertain the diagnosis and understand what causes high blood pressure.
Reasons for the sharp increase in pressure
- Physical or mental stress.
- Weather fluctuations, magnetic storms.
- Smoking (particularly heavy). One smoked cigarette can increase the pressure of 10-30.
- Abrupt withdrawal of high blood pressure remedies for long periods.
- The abundant fatty and salty foods (especially at night).
- Eating foods containing caffeine (coffee) and tyramine (chocolate, caviar, cheese, etc.).
- Obesity. Every extra kilo increases the pressure by 1-3 mm.
Can arterial hypertension occur without symptoms?
Yes, it happens frequently. A person has high blood pressure symptoms, but does not feel any discomfort or problems. Therefore, although it is important to periodically measure blood pressure in all individuals after 30 years, particularly in those in which life takes place factors described above. About hypertension may indicate the following signs:
- Redness of the face, the upper half of the body.
- Hot flashes.
- Dizziness, headache. They often refer to frequent fatigue and stress. But they can become the "first bell" signaling the beginning of hypertension.
- "Flies in the eyes" - small spots in the form of light flashes.
- Reducing resistance to physical stress: fatigue, shortness of breath, palpitations, and so forth.
How to control high blood pressure? For self-monitoring of hypertension people are using tonometer.
It is called a sudden increase in arterial pressure, which leads to a sharp deterioration in health. This phenomenon is dangerous to health, and sometimes for life. Under crisis state patient urgently needs to see a doctor for emergency treatment.
Causes of hypertensive crisis may include:
- The wrong treatment.
- The lack of regular therapy.
- Episodic receiving of short-acting drugs.
This leads to significant fluctuations in blood pressure. In order to control blood pressure, patients need to have high blood pressure diet, take long-acting antihypertensive means: they protect the body from sudden fluctuations in arterial pressure.
High blood pressure treatment
Today it is hard to believe, but until recently many people and even doctors believed that hypertension in the absence of any clinical manifestations does not require treatment. Currently, the experience observing the many thousands of patients with hypertension demonstrates that it is necessary to have hypertension treatment as well as the normalization of pressure can delay or even prevent serious diseases. Natural remedies for high blood pressure are effective in the early stages of hypertension. If the disease has gone away, then some herbs do not help - necessarily have to take blood pressure medication prescribed by the attending physician. Modern medicine for the treatment may be represented by diuretics (Aldactone, Torsemide, Triamterene, Lasix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Avalide, Co-Diovan, others), beta-blockers (Zebeta, Toprol XL, Atenolol, Inderal, Nebivolol, and so on), ACE inhibitors (Accupril, Altace, Zestoretic and many others), calcium channel blockers (Adalat, Amlopres-AT, Azor, Norvasc, Verapamil and also others), blockers alpha-adrenergic receptor (Cardura, Hytrin, Minipress, so on), ayurvedic (Abana HeartCare, Arjuna, Chologuardhills, Lasuna, Serpina), many other preparations (Amlopres-Z, Avapro, Betapace, Benicar, Caduet, Cardura, Clonidine, Coreg, Diltiazem HCL, Coversyl, Cordarone, Cozaar, Diovan, Hyzaar, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lanoxin, Lotrel, Lozol, Lotensin, Micardis, Pletal, Plavix, Ranolazine, Prinivil, Rosulip-F, Trental, Vastarel, Tricor, Vasotec, etc.).
High blood pressure during pregnancy
Hypertension occurs in 4-8% of pregnant women. It is due to the following reasons:
- increased metabolism;
- increased of blood volume;
- the appearance of additional (placental) circulation system;
- weight gain of expectant mother;
- increase of intra-abdominal pressure;
- a change in position of the heart;
- an increase in the blood of certain hormones.
Hypertension symptoms treatment in pregnancy is the subject for disputes by doctors. Most of all, they tend to follow strictly the recommendations of the regime. Under blood pressure readings of 140/90 - 160/90 is considered inappropriate appointment of antihypertensive pills. As for a pressure exceeding 160/90 level, tablets increased pressure, are needed to be taken under strict medical supervision. Most often in such cases, the treatment is carried out in a hospital.