Sore throat causes
Bacteria and viruses are continuously attacking our bodies. They generally get into our air and food. That is why any infection that has been penetrated in this way can become a causative agent for sore throat. With infectious nature of the illness pain in the throat, as a rule, it is only one of the symptoms. Along with the pain in the throat may be observed:
- runny nose;
- skin rash;
- fever, chills, increased sweating;
- loss of appetite;
- swollen lymph nodes;
The most common cause is a viral throat infection. So in this case, generally inflammation develops gradually, and in accordance with this the sharpness of the symptoms are increased.
It may be invoked by following viral illnesses:
- some other diseases.
If the inflammation is caused by bacteria in the throat pain begins suddenly and immediately in strong form. The most common bacterial infection of the throat is a strep infection. Discomfort in the throat can be invoked by direct exposure to the atmosphere. Air may be too dry or cold, include smoking, dust particles, harmful chemicals. As a result, dry mucous is irritated, there is a feeling of discomfort, pain, cough. Many substances are sometimes contained in the air are allergens. And in the case of inclination to allergic diseases, the presence of such substances as pollen, animal smallest wool particles in the inhaled air can be a cause of inflammation of the throat. Candidiasis of the mouth, pharynx and esophagus is marked by more than 90% of AIDS patients.
Diseases for which main sore throat symptoms are typical:
- pharyngitis - inflammation of the pharynx. Person has sore and dry throat, it hurts to swallow, fever. Often it develops on the background of the common cold;
- tonsillitis - an inflammation of the tonsils. It is characterized by severe pain in throat, the most severe in swallowing, sudden rise of temperature, swelling and redness of the tonsils;
- peritonsillar abscess - an inflammation of tissue surrounding the tonsils. Usually it develops as a complication of tonsillitis, or streptococcal pharyngitis. It is characterized by the resumption of a sore throat, high temperature, the increase in the tonsils;
- laryngitis - inflammation of the larynx. For laryngitis is characterized by sore throat, cough and pain when swallowing.
Sore throat treatment
If the throat suddenly bothers you, but the temperature does not rise, and other frightening signs are not present, it makes sense to try to deal with home sore throat medicine. Drinking plenty of fluids, hot water, green tea, juices (especially apple) also help the body cope with infection. But if the pain could not be beat in my throat for two days, it is necessary to consult a doctor. How to cure a sore throat? It is unacceptable to resort to antibiotics without a prescription. If your disease is caused by a virus (a common cold, often accompanied by pharyngitis - is usually a viral illness), antibiotics will not help, on the contrary, only weaken the body, destroying healthy bacteria. At the same time against the background of viral infection a bacteria can be activated. In this case doctor may indicate antibiotics - cephalosporins (Suprax, Omnicef, Ñefaclor, Ceclor Cd, Ñefadroxil, Ceclor, Ñefotaxime, Ñeftin, Ñefixime Oral Suspension, Cephalexin, etc.), penicillins (Amoxicillin, Augmentin, Ampicillin, Amoxil and many others), fluoroquinolones (Cipro, Levaquin, Mefloquine, Maxaquin, Ofloxacin and so on), macrolides (Biaxin, Erythromycin, Zithromax, Rulide and others). Only a doctor can correctly determine the cause of the disease, diagnosis and choose an effective course of sore throat remedies. Some OTC medications relieve pain in the throat and other symptoms. These preparations include analgesics (Panadol Extra, Zupar, Aleve, Diclofenac, so on), aerosols and lozenges, used how to soothe a sore throat and temporarily freeze sensitivity, anti-edematous nasal sprays. Analgesic Bayer ASA Aspirin should not be given to children under 18 years of age due to the risk of Reye's syndrome - a dangerous complication that leads to the destruction of the brain, and death. As a rule, a sore throat is accompanied by swelling of the mucous membrane of the throat and larynx, for their relief people can be prescribed antihistamines (Claritin, Zyrtec, Xyzal, Relent, Clarinex, Allegra and others).
Be sure to consult a doctor if:
- throat pain persists for about two days at home therapy;
- the pain is very strong, person is difficult to open mouth and swallow;
- sore throat may be accompanied by a skin rash and by a sharp rise of temperature;
- discomfort in throat and painful sensation back easily. In this case, patients usually complain for sore throat pain continually. These complaints usually indicate the presence of a chronic disease form - chronic tonsillitis and pharyngitis.
Home remedies for sore throat
To relief pain is possible using natural herb medicines, for the preparation of which you do not require a lot of costs. During treatment the patient should exclude salty, fried and spicy foods, because such food provokes even greater irritation of inflamed mucous membranes. As a liquid drink, you can use fruit drinks, jelly, sour fruit juices, fruit drinks berry, decoctions of herbs, like mint, sage, chamomile, succession, which can be sweetened with honey (in the absence of a patient allergic to honey). You should avoid drinking coffee and alcohol. Therapy of sore throat should be comprehensive, that is, for more effective treatment you should not only use the tinctures and decoctions of medicinal herbs that have anti-inflammatory effect, but also to conduct inhalation and rinsing the mouth. Oral rinsing with decoction of herbs may soften mucous and reduce inflammation. It is necessary to rinse 2-3 times if you do not have allergy. Tea with lemon is considered the best medicine for sore throat.