What is stress? Why it occurs and how to fight it?
Stress is a prolonged tension of physiological functions of the body due to the constant action of the stimulus on the emotional sphere of person. Many people wonder how to relieve stress. After all, it is a serious disease that a large number of people have experienced. The person is under stress, becomes unbearable, not only to others, but first of all - yourself. The patient no longer enjoys life, and needs help to get out of this state. Stress is an important part of our daily lives. Potentially dangerous for the mental and physical health is too prolonged, chronic stress.
Causes of stress
The cause can be essentially anything that touches the person that irritates him:
- External sources for stress and anxiety can be different as a change of job, moving to a new place of residence, everyday troubles related to money problems, death of a loved person, divorce, disputes, family relations, insomnia.
- Internal sources include the values of life and beliefs, self-esteem, loyalty to one's word.
What about stress symptoms do you know?
What is stress definition from a practical point of view? Symptoms can gradually increase or suddenly appear, within a few minutes. Panic attacks last particularly for a long time. They occurred generally in the form of emotional explosions are accompanied by a sense of horror and such reactions of the organism as increased heart rate and sweating. Usually generalized anxiety disorder develops gradually and it is not a direct consequence of a certain irrational fear. Main signs of stress and anxiety are usually worry and uncontrollable anxiety. Symptoms may also include fatigue, insomnia or sleep disorders, muscle tension, irritability, impatience, difficulty concentrating, depression, physical weakness, headache, fatigue, unwillingness to do anything, loss of appetite, problems with memory, inability to relax. Anxiety and depression may lead to panic attacks, characterized by discomfort or pain in the chest, shortness breathing, breathlessness, nausea, heart palpitations, fever, or sudden increase in temperature, tremors, abdominal pain, numbness, or tingling in the extremities.
Acute stress disorder can lead to these problems as insomnia, headache, back pain, use of alcohol, drugs, constipation and diarrhea, smoking, hypertension, anxiety disorders, heart disease, depression, diabetes, skin disease, peptic ulcer.
Stress prevention measures
As is known, the prevention of any disease is significantly more effective than treatment, but remember this too late, when the doctor has already outlined the diagnosis. Preventive measures to avoid stressful situations - psychoprophylaxis stress as the main cause of the disease is psycho-emotional disorders in human. It includes a few simple measures, which person should be guided constantly.
1. Think about all possible good, do not let the bad thoughts that will spoil your mood.
2. Exercise regularly.
3. Take a bath with essential oils, which are able to remove any tension.
4. Not less than an hour a day to be outdoors.
5. Keep a journal to be your therapist. This way you will get rid of the fact that you are concerned.
6. Get yourself a pet, which will need your constant care and attention.
7. Find any hobby that will bring you joy and minute distract from the bad.
Medication methods for dealing with stress
Many people, realizing that they themselves are not able to cope with the situation how to reduce stress, begin to uncontrollably take antidepressants, which sometimes leads to the opposite effects of stress. What to take during stress should be appointed by a doctor. The specialist may prescribe the following drugs when stressed.
- Sedatives are able to inhibit the action of adrenaline in the body, which causes a feeling of excitement. Most commonly prescribed are agents of plant origin, which include medicinal plants such as passionflower, hop, nettle, lemon balm, peppermint, valerian.
Such preparations are safe, effective enough and are not addictive.
- Multivitamins (Vitamin B, Supradyn, Vitamin E, etc.) help the process of protein biosynthesis, as in times of stress metabolism focused on building new tissues and cells.
- The mineral products are simply necessary in stressful situations (Neurobion Forte, Potassium Citrate, and so on).
- Herbal remedies (Chyavanaprasha, Tagara, and different ayurvedic means) can also help you relieve stress, even though the scientific explanation of the action of these medicines is not confirmed. However, they do not have side effects and they are completely safe for health.
- Immunomodulators help the body as much as possible to adapt to stressful situations (Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Guduchi, and others).
- Neuro protective drugs - a new generation on the basis of the gamma-aminobutyric acid, which are capable of very actively and quickly normalize the condition of the body under stress.
- Antidepressants (Prozac, Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor XR, Pristiq, Sinequan, Lexapro, Paxil, Alert Caps, Cymbalta and many others), anxiolytics (Xanax, Sumenta, Ativan, Bromazepam, so on) help to relieve anxiety and improve mood. They bring positive results even in depressive states.
Psychotherapy as the necessary stress relief method
Emotional stress is the result of personal dissatisfaction either or the world around. Do not be afraid to seek the help of psychotherapists to help coping with stress and get you back to normal life. Psychotherapeutic techniques are very diverse, and only a doctor can help choose the best method for your situation personally:
1. Very useful set of physical exercises based on breathing exercises. Learn how to adjust your own breath - to control emotional reactions. These exercises are very effective for stress management at any stage of the disease.
2. There is a whole music therapy, which aims to fight against stressful situations. There are special music, relieves stress, which has a calming nature. Remember: if you are in a stressful situation, 90% of the problem lies within you, not in the outside world - respectively, and only you can help yourself.